President Jong Sub Lim Ph.D
We sincerely thank you for visiting our University homepage.
I Hope you can spread your dream and hopes at the SouthWestern California University
With the increasingly difficult educational environment, the 4th Industrial Revolution is challenging more changes and innovations.
We are focusing on the followings:
Education through servant leadership
Fostering competitive global executives
Conscientious people who practice sharing through study
I will do my best to exert leadership through change and innovation, and to cultivate talented people with global management minds
based on their utmost mission and responsibility. And we will foster future leaders who actively practice sharing their knowledge
and skills in the rapidly changing international community.
I wish the glory of God and full of blessings to all of you.
SouthWestern California University
President Jongsub Lim
Mission and Purpose
Southwestern California University (SWCU) is committed to equipping students to become successful professionals and leaders in global society, through excellent higher education.
To fulfill its mission, Southwestern California University pursues to accomplish following objectives.
- To provide a general education that broadens student learning and enhances career potential.
- To provide educational programs academically strong and practically career supportive.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively in global business environments.
- To maintain and develop excellent faculty for optimal teaching and student advisement.
- To enhance physical environment and educational resources for student learning.
Notice to Prospective Degree Program Students
Accreditation & Licensures
This institution is provisionally approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer degree programs. To continue to offer this degree program, this institution must meet the following requirements:
- Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least one degree program.
- Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by April 4, 2021 and full accreditation by April 4, 2024 (This institution achieved pre-accreditation through ACICS on February 1, 2021).
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, the following will happen:
- The institution must stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
- Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
Institutional Representative Initials: ______ Student Initials: ______
Date: ________________ Date: ______________
The Bureau protects students and consumers through the oversight of California’s private postsecondary educational institutions by conducting qualitative reviews of educational programs and operating standards, proactively combating unlicensed activity, impartially resolving student and consumer complaints, and conducting outreach. Southwestern California University is a private institution and it is provisionally approved to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at 1747 N. Market Blvd. Ste 225 Sacramento, CA 95834
Phone: (916) 574-8957
Web site: www.bppe.ca.gov
“Approved to operate” or “approved” means that an institution has received authorization, pursuant to the California Private Postsecondary Education Act, to offer the public and to provide postsecondary educational programs. This does not imply that the Bureau endorses programs or that Bureau approval means the institution exceeds minimum state standards [CEC §94909(a)(2) and §94897(l)].
Southwestern California University or any of its degree programs are not accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Unites States Department of Education. The University’s educational programs will not be eligible to sit for the applicable licensure exam in California and other states. The University’s degree programs are not recognized for some employment positions, including, but not limited to, positions with the State of California. Students enrolled in the University are not eligible for federal financial aid programs. The University’s educational programs are not designed to lead to positions in a profession, occupation, trade, or career field requiring licensure in the state of California. In accordance with the provisions of California Education School Code:93159692 the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education approves Southwestern University to offer following programs:
- Master of Arts in Business Administration
Academic annual reports
Contents and viewer will be updated.